Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Witty Wednesday: G.K. Chesterton!


"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

This one is for everyone struggling with complaining (including myself)! This is such an optimistic view of life! G.K. Chesterton is amazing at understanding the daily human struggle, and coming up with cool things to say to help us through it. In this quote, Chesterton takes a whole new look at something I know I find annoying- inconveniences. It's so easy for me to lose my cool because someone slows me down or messes up my plan for the day. But, Chesterton is challenging us to look beyond the initial impatience and see the possibilities our new circumstance could bring! Want an incredible example? How about the guy who had to stop at a pharmacy to get a Band-Aid for a blister on his foot before going to work. That man worked at the World Trade Center- and that Band-Aid saved his life on September 11, 2001. So, I challenge all of you, take an optimistic view of life! And, when you sleep past your alarm clock tomorrow, think of all the amazing adventures you could possibly encounter! :)

And May God Bless all of You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!
All comments are welcome; I only ask that they remain free of vulgar language and disrespect.
Any comments that contain either of those two things will be deleted.
Thank you, and God bless!