Sunday, April 3, 2011

Comfort in Others

Hello everyone!

First, I want to ask all of you to vote in this month's poll! I would really like to see what you think of this blog, and I will work hard to incorporate whatever category ends up with the most votes. Thank you.

Today I want to talk about a way to find comfort. I know a lot of what I've been writing lately seems all about the "soft side" of the faith. Don't worry, my blogs won't always be this way. But, I was reading the book Waking Rose by Regina Doman (AMAZING author, I highly recommend any of The Fairy Tale Novels series) and a tragedy has just occurred. Two of the characters are very worried about their friend, and as one struggles silently with religious doubt, sorrow, and confusion, the other extends his hand and squeezes his shoulder reassuringly. They then continue praying their rosary.
Now, I know not everyone likes opening up to others. I myself am more of a closed person, preferring to keep doubt, fear, and occasionally anguish to myself and not wanting to share too many of my feelings with everyone. But I think there is a valuable lesson to be learned in the actions of these two characters. Even if you don't want to totally open your heart to someone, asking someone else to pray for you can really bring a special peace to a troubled mind.
God does not want his people to be alone. He wants us to help each other, always support each other. So always pay close attention to those around you. Watch their eyes, because even if they smile and say they're fine, their eyes will always reflect the truth. And do not be afraid to just tell someone how you're feeling. Even if you don't explain your situation, you could just say, "Hey, I've been feeling a little down lately, got any tricks for lifting one's spirits?" I'm sure your friend/parent will be happy to help- and will respect if you don't want to elaborate.
And, of course, do not forget confession. The wonderful sacrament of Reconciliation brings great comfort to any troubled soul.

And May God Bless All of You! :)

1 comment:

Greetings!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!
All comments are welcome; I only ask that they remain free of vulgar language and disrespect.
Any comments that contain either of those two things will be deleted.
Thank you, and God bless!