Sunday, June 19, 2011

Beauty in Fantasy

For various reasons, my thoughts keep turning toward J.R.R. Tolkien's books- especially the Lord of the Rings trilogy.


And as I pondered the magical tales of elves, dwarves, men, and hobbits, I came to the conclusion that everyone should read at least one good fantasy story a year. Why? Because within the pages of a well-written fantasy story, one can find what the world should be. For example:

Within Tolkien's Middle-Earth,

The world is ruled by one supreme ruler,
 Eru-Illuvatar,who always was, is, and forever will be...
                                          
The men are strong and valiant,

and the women fair and brave.

Evil is always dark, easy to spot,

and good is always victorious.


So, I invite all of you to curl up with The Fellowship of the Ring and a cozy blanket or cup of tea tonight. I believe that your journey to Middle-Earth will teach you much more than that reality TV show ever could.

And May God Bless all Fathers today!


Pictures courtesy of http://www.tednasmith.com/tolkien.html.



2 comments:

  1. :-) I might just accept that invitation. Tea and Tolkien sound delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it does! :) I hope you enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!
All comments are welcome; I only ask that they remain free of vulgar language and disrespect.
Any comments that contain either of those two things will be deleted.
Thank you, and God bless!