Saturday, August 6, 2011

Taking Time to Smell the Roses

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
  • I see sharp, green palm leaves swaying slightly in the gentle breeze foretelling a coming storm.
I am thankful...
  • For my family, home, the pro-life cause, friends, movies, and life!
In the kitchen...
  • My grandpa, mom and I discuss the colors of the rainbow while preparing to start dinner.
I am wearing...
  • A grey "Christendom College" t-shirt, jean capris, worn brown sandals, and a smile!
I am creating...
  • A post that will hopefully remind my readers and me to take time to enjoy the simple things in life.
I am going...
  • on the road that God lays before me. I only pray that He makes it clear to me which road that is.
I am wondering...
  • what the rest of today, tomorrow, and beyond hold for me.
I am reading...
  • Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton, St. Austin Review magazine, National Catholic Register, and various Catholic blogs.
I am hoping...
  • That God will use me as His instrument in this world, to touch people the way He wants me too. And I hope that I will listen!
I am looking forward to...
  • in the near future: going shopping for my upcoming birthday with my grandfather, in a year: going back to Christendom, in the long run: meeting and getting to know my future husband.
I am hearing...
  • My mom and sister describe Friday's events to my grandfather.
Around the house...
  • My brother rumbles up and down his new half-pipe, my dad naps after staying up all night with my pro-life group for our Rock-a-thon, my mom, sister, grandfather, and I hang out in the kitchen talking, the dogs sleep, and my littlest brother plays in the sandbox.
I am pondering...
  • what my future will hold.
One of my favorite things...
  • is a day spent reading a good book, doing a fun activity with family, attend Mass and Adoration, and avoiding too much strife and anguish.
A few plans for the rest week:
  • to read a couple good books, practice violin, and to continue my posts about correct and honorable behavior in men and women.
Here is a picture for the thought I am sharing:

 
I am waiting patiently, falling in love with Christ and preparing for His chosen companion for me.




 God bless you all!


First picture: Daydreaming: Knight
Second picture: My Fair Lady: Leighton


2 comments:

  1. I love this post! What a neat idea! I may borrow the format sometime, if that's o.k. It's great to learn more about you! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's actually not my format. What you do is go to the link under the first picture, The Simple Woman's Daybook, and find the format there. There's a couple of guidelines on her website. Please check it out, it's a nice idea. Thanks, you too! God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!
All comments are welcome; I only ask that they remain free of vulgar language and disrespect.
Any comments that contain either of those two things will be deleted.
Thank you, and God bless!