Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things...

As I finished reading yesterday, I went to mark my place in A Canticle for Leibowtiz with a bookmark. And as I did this, I started thinking about all of the wonderful, little, everyday things that make me fall in love with Catholicism even more! Here's a list of ten, seemingly insignificant things only Catholics could appreciate:

  1. Prayer Cards for bookmarks (I'm currently using one of The Mother of Sorrows)
  2. The Sign of the Cross upon hearing an emergency siren
  3. Movies like The Agony and the Ectasy, I Confess, and The Thirteenth Day
  4. Comforting images and statues of Jesus, Mary, and the Saints
  5. Having a Saint in Heaven that specializes in anything you may need help with (such as a lost item: St. Anthony, safe travel: St. Christopher, healing after a miscarriage: St. Catherine of Sienna, etc.)
  6. Medals and crucifixes
  7. Church bells
  8. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
  9. Monks, nuns, friars, sisters, and priests
  10. The biblical books of 1 and 2 Maccabees, Sirach, Wisdom, Baruch, Tobit, and Judith
Be happy you're Catholic! :)

God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Cool list - I'm happy to be Catholic for many of those reasons as well. St. Theresa of Avila is one of my best friends in heaven. My youngest son was born on her feast day. She is the patron saint of headache sufferers. I get lots of migraines - coincidence - I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, my mom and I suffer from the same horrible headaches as well! I love how God works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! Yes the prayer cards are fun to compare with people and show people and the church bells make me just stop and smile. :) thanks for your heartwarming work!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!
All comments are welcome; I only ask that they remain free of vulgar language and disrespect.
Any comments that contain either of those two things will be deleted.
Thank you, and God bless!