This week's topic is a fun one: "Are there any books, songs, prayers, etc that have helped you during this time of your life? Sharing is caring!". Be sure to check out "Follow and Believe" for the wonderful suggestions of other lovely ladies struggling along the same path.
All right, here we go!
- "Haven't Met You Yet"- Michael Bublè
- I have written about this song repeatedly. It is full of happiness and joyful anticipation as Michael sings about how wonderful it will be when he meets his future wife. It is filled hope and patience: "I might have to wait, I'll never give up, I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck"- or, as Catholic would call it- Providence.
- "For Love of You"- Audrey Assad
- In this song Audrey sings about how God's love courses through her, and flows like a current throughout her life. This song expresses love for God, and His love's for God, so beautifully it helps me set dreams of romance aside for the proper time, in order to focus on growing in my love for Him.
- "Love Song for a Savior" - Jars of Clay
- This song is beautiful and fills me with the same desire to love as Audrey's song. It paints a picture of the loveliness of a deep relationship with God, and the romance that is found within it, and helps bring excitement and joy to a spiritual life that is struggling.
- Men, Women, and the Mystery of Love -Edward Sri
- This examines friendships, relationships, and the proper way to view the opposite sex in light of Blessed John Paul II's encyclical Love and Responsibility. It is eye-opening and written very well.
- How to Find Your Soulmate without Losing Your Soul- Jason and Crystalina Evert
- Though the first half of this book goes into how to break away from sinful and detrimental lifestyles that many reading this series have not experienced, it is a wonderful resource for those who are stuck in a dark hole and do not know how to climb out, or for people like me how have yet to enter the dating scene, but want to be prepared to do so when the time comes. The couple reaffirms each woman's worth, and teaches her how to value herself, thus saving herself from abuse and heartbreak.
- Any kind of good, spiritual reading is a wonderful idea for this time, when focusing on a relationship with God will help make waiting for Mr. Right a little easier.
- 54-Day Rosary Novena
- Novena to St. Joseph
- Prayers to Mary for purity and patience (these are all covered in-depth in my Not Alone post on prayer)
I cannot think of any movies that help me with waiting patiently or with discerning my vocation. Are there any movies you all have found helped you wait for your future husbands, anticipate him virtuously, or discern your vocation? And what resources have helped you all?