Saturday, March 31, 2012

Past Suspicion

Past Suspicion
-Therese Heckenkamp


I finished reading this last week, and I have to say it was the most exciting book I have read in a long time.


To sum up the plot without giving away too much, Robin is a young, restless 17 year old California girl who has been sent to live with her uncle in Wisconsin after the death of her mother.  She absolutely hates this, and decides to accept her uncle's job offer with the intention of saving up as much money as possible before her 18th birthday, so that she can catch the first plane back to CA.  This little "middle of nowhere" town surprises her, though, after she meets two intriguing young men in her uncle's otherwise quite bookstore.    As she gets to know these two young men, and tries to learn more about her mother from her uncle, she finds herself wrapped up in the middle of a mystery that could have dangerous consequences.  Who should she believe, who can be trusted, and is this little Wisconsin town as safe as it seems?


This book is wonderful for a variety of reasons.  Ms. Heckenkamp has successfully written a book that is both believable and enjoyable.  There are no curse words, no tasteless bedroom scenes, and no nauseatingly perfect or borderline "good guy" characters.  Even though the main female character spends good amounts of time alone with both male characters, I never felt nervous that things were about to go in an inappropriate direction.  Ms. Heckenkamp has managed to not only write an edge-of-your-seat thriller, but also a clean, respectful love story that will have you staying up way too late to finish it.  I highly recommend this first novel by a former home-schooled student for all teens thirteen and up, since some of the emotions and problems might be hard for young children to understand or fully appreciate.


I hope Ms. Heckenkamp will continue her writing, and I look forward to any future novels she may publish.  


May God bless her, and all of her readers.


For any of those interested in buying Past Suspicion, visit www.publishamerica.net/product22443.html for the cheapest paperback version, or for those of you who like to do everything electronically type in "Past Suspicion" at www.amazon.com, the first option is the Kindle Edition.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Arafea,
    I'm also a Catholic teen, and I've just started my own blog. Can we connect in some way, in the blogosphere? Maybe even guest posts. Here is the link: http://paintingariver.blogspot.com/
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like an interesting book. Please check out my blog: http://paintingariver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amy.

      Congratulations on starting your own blog! I would love to consider guest posting. I'll comment on your blog in response to this.

      Your blog is very visually appealing. I wish you best of luck!

      Happy Easter!

      Delete

Greetings!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!
All comments are welcome; I only ask that they remain free of vulgar language and disrespect.
Any comments that contain either of those two things will be deleted.
Thank you, and God bless!